Hymn: TLH 535, st. 1,2,3,8,9: Rejoice, my Heart, be Glad and Sing
1. Rejoice, my heart, be glad and sing,
A cheerful trust maintain;
For God, the Source of everything,
Thy Portion shall remain.
2. He is thy Treasure, He thy Joy,
Thy Life and Light and Lord,
Thy Counselor when doubts annoy,
Thy Shield and great Reward.
3. Why spend the day in blank despair,
In restless thought the night?
On thy Creator cast thy care;
He makes thy burdens light.
8. His wisdom never plans in vain,
Ne’er falters or mistakes;
All that His counsels did ordain
A happy ending makes.
9. Upon thy lips, then, lay thy hand
And trust His guiding love;
Then like a rock thy peace shall stand
Here and in heaven above.