(This is not affiliated with ILHS, but could be a useful resource for either donating or receiving formal dresses.)
Once Upon a Prom
A not – for – profit event
- To provide prom dresses and accessories to girls who can’t otherwise afford them.
- To promote self-respect, a positive self-image and self confidence
- To provide opportunities for girls to give back to their community
- To provide a fun and trusting environment for girls to indulge their prom fantasies; to feel like a princess, if only for a day
Day/Time/Location of event:
Saturday, April 4
o 10:00 AM – 5:15 PM
Sunday, April 5
o 11:00 AM – 4:45 PM
Oakwood Mall – Across from Old Navy near Hobby Lobby
- All girls are required to complete 6 hours of community service to qualify
- Girls sign up prior to the event at www.onceuponaprom.com for a shopping day and time beginning February 1st
- Girls are paired with a personal shopper
- All girls receive a dress, jewelry, shoes and a purse
- Seamstresses are onsite for simple alterations
A female parent/guardian is invited to attend with their high school student.
This is also an opportunity to get rid of those perfectly good dresses that were only worn once. Donate to the cause!