For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Hymn: TLH 445 :
Am I a Soldier of the Cross
1. Am I a solder of the Cross,
A foll’wer of the Lamb,
And shall I fear to own
His cause Or blush to speak His name?
2. Must I be carried to the skies
On flow’ry beds of ease
While others fought to win the prize
And sailed thro’ bloody seas?
3. Are there no foes for me to face?
Must I not stem the flood?
Is this vile world a friend to grace
To help me on to God?
4. Sure I must fight if I would reign;
Increase my courage, Lord!
I’ll bear the toil, endure the pain,
Supported by Thy Word.
5. Thy saints in all this glorious war
Shall conquer though they die;
They see the triumph from afar
With faith’s discerning eye.
6. When that illustrious Day shall rise
And all Thine armies shine
In robes of victory through the skies,
The glory shall be Thine.