|WORDS FROM OUR LORD FOR TODAY
Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong.
Learn to do right; seek justice.
Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. -Isaiah 1:16-18
Lunch Today: BBQ Meatballs
Lunch Monday: Orange Chicken
Schedule Today: ILHS will stick to its normal schedule of classes through the end of the school day. Student Transit will send buses for route 94 and route 95 to pick up ILHS riders of those buses around 12:50 (a two-hour early dismissal for ILHS student riders). If those students don’t catch the bus, they will have to come home some other way as determined by their parents. If parents wish to have their student drivers leave early, or wish to come pick up their student early, they are asked to contact the office to let the staff know so as to avoid students being marked with an unexcused absence.
Basketball Games Cancelled – Girls will practice from 3:00-4:00 pm, Boys will have a joint practice from 4:00-5:15 pm.
Saturday: 8:00-9:00 pm Storm practice
Sunday: 12:30-2:00 pm Baseball open gym
Girls’ basketball players – please pay $17 for your warmups at the office by next Friday, January 24th.
UNEXCUSED ABSENCE/TARDY: The following have been reported as unexcused for tardiness or absence in a class from the previous school day. To get excused you must see Prof. Gullerud or provide a valid excuse to the office before 4:00 p.m. today or you might be serving detention next week.
THURSDAY: Timothy Oster (T/6 Band) Alexander Radichel (T/6 Band)
Wednesday, January 22 is “Cell Phone-Free Day”
- Town students will either leave their phone at home or drop it off at the GBO front desk to be picked up after school.
- Resident students will drop their phones off at the dorm parents’ office or at the GBO front desk to be picked up after school.
- Although teachers and staff are required to carry their phones by the Safety Officer throughout the day in case of emergency, they will not use them.
- No student will be required to participate but each should consider why they would not try to get through seven and a half hours of a day without their phone. There will be no reward other than being able to say you did it!
- As has always been the case, any student who needs to contact someone off campus can come use the office phone. Anyone who needs to contact a student can call the office and we will immediately get the student from class or pass a message along as appropriate.