(This is not affiliated with ILHS, but could be a useful resource for either donating or receiving formal dresses.)
Once Upon a Prom
A not – for – profit event
- To provide prom dresses and accessories to girls who can’t otherwise afford them.
- To promote self-respect, a positive self-image and self confidence
- To provide opportunities for girls to give back to their community
- To provide a fun and trusting environment for girls to indulge their prom fantasies; to feel like a princess, if only for a day
Day/Time/Location of event:
Saturday, April 13
o 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday, April 14
o 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Oakwood Mall – previously CJ Banks across from Old Navy near Hobby Lobby (previously Macys)
- All girls are required to complete 6 hours of community service to qualify
- Girls sign up prior to the event at www.onceuponaprom.com for a shopping day and time beginning February 1st
- Girls are paired with a personal shopper
- All girls receive a dress, jewelry, shoes and a purse
- Seamstresses are onsite for simple alterations
A female parent/guardian is invited to attend with their high school student.
Please contact Liz Poteete at (715) 864-8142 or if you have any questions.
This is also an opportunity to get rid of those perfectly good dresses that were only worn once. Donate to the cause!